The CerMap™ Specimen Collection Mapping Device significantly improves on the cervical cell collection methodology currently used for PAP smear tests by providing enhanced sample quality and increased diagnostic value. CerMap is a single use, disposable device intended for a 360-degree collection of material from the entire cervix. The CerMap collector device is comprised of a single use multi-component handle featuring a soft, inflatable tip for the sampling of exfoliated cervical epithelial cells. The handle provides a means of positioning and expanding the collector tip. The soft, atraumatic collector tip is inflated against the cervix and conformably contacts the areas to be sampled, specifically the endocervical, ectocervical and transformation zone surfaces. The textured surface and tacky material of the collector tip facilitates the collection and transfer of cervical cells.
CerMap not only simultaneously samples virtually 100% of the required cervical areas in one simple step, but also spatially maps the cells collected to the slide. This allows any areas of concern (pre-cancer or cancer) to be easily located on the cervix by the physician.
CerMap Stamping Sample to Slide
- Improved collection of cell material from the entire cervix vs. selected multiple sampling by current methods.
- Collection in a manner in which the spatial relationships among cells in clusters are preserved, as well as maintaining information as to their general location on the cervix for each group of cells sampled for what is essentially a “touch prep” stamp of the cervix.
- No intrusive scraping resulting in less blood and mucus.
- Concentrated sample on slide for faster viewing resulting in cost savings to lab.
- More comfortable, less intrusive procedure for the patient.
Cervical Cancer Point-of-Care Screening Device. CerMap™ is a trademark of CerMed Corporation.